This is a great recipe that I found on the Hairy Bikers website.
I’ve trialled this recipe and its so, so easy to follow and totally delicious.
- 30g frozen peas
- 40g feta cheese, drained
- ½ tsp dried mint
- 3 medium eggs
- ½ tsp sunﬂower oil, for brushing
- ﬂaked sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Put the peas in a heatproof bowl and pour over enough just-boiled water to cover. Leave for a minute, then drain the peas in a sieve and tip them back into the bowl. Crumble the feta cheese on top, sprinkle over the mint and season with lots of freshly ground black pepper.
- Break the eggs into another bowl and beat them with a large metal whisk. Season with a little salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Brush a small non-stick frying pan with just enough oil to lightly coat the base and place it over a medium heat.
- Pour the eggs into the frying pan. As the eggs begin to set, use a wooden spoon to draw the cooked egg towards the centre. Do this 5 or 6 times, working your way around the pan. As the cooked egg is moved, the uncooked egg will run into the gaps and begin to cook.
- Scatter the peas and feta over the omelette and cook for another 3 minutes or until the eggs are just set. Carefully loosen the sides with a heatproof palette knife and slide the omelette on to a warmed plate, folding it as you do so. Serve with a large, lightly dressed salad.
Copyright - http://www.hairybikers.com/