Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Serves: - 2 (272 calories/portion)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp sunﬂower oil
- 1 romaine lettuce hear
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 slices of ciabatta bread, each about
- 1.5cm thick (15g a slice)
- ﬂaked sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 anchovy ﬁllets in oil, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 15g Parmesan cheese, ﬁnely grated
- 2½ tbsp cold water
- To make the dressing, put the anchovy ﬁllets in a pestle and mortar, add the chopped garlic clove and pound into a paste. Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, Parmesan and water and stir well to make a pourable dressing
- Place a chicken breast between 2 sheets of cling ﬁlm and bash it with a rolling pin until the chicken is about 1cm thick. Bash the other chicken breast in the same way, then season the breasts on both sides with a little salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Dip a pastry brush in the oil and brush over the base of a large nonstick frying pan. Place the pan over a medium heat, add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Turn the breasts over and cook for 2–3 minutes on the other side until nicely browned and cooked through. Remove from the heat and leave the chicken in the warm pan to rest.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the salad. Separate the lettuce leaves and wash and drain them well. Tear any large leaves into smaller pieces. Arrange the lettuce in a large serving dish and scatter over the tomatoes. Toast the slices of ciabatta and tear them into bite-sized pieces.
- Put the cooked chicken breasts on a board and cut them into thick strips. Scatter these over the lettuce and tomatoes and toss everything together lightly. Spoon over half the dressing and serve while the chicken is warm. Fantastic!
Copyright Hairy Bikers