Preparation time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Serves: - 2
- 500g Quorn Mince
- 1 tbsp olive oil (Quorn just needs to be added to the sauce, so the recipe requires about 50% less oil than you would usually use)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stick of celery, finely chopped
- 200g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube dissolved in 200ml boiling water
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp dried majoram
- 200g spaghetti (dried)
- fresh basil leaves, torn, for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion, carrot, celery and garlic gently for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and fry for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, dried herbs, tomato ketchup and vegetable stock. Cover and simmer gently for 8-10 minutes. Stir in the Quorn mince continue to cook over a low heat while you cook the spaghetti as per pack instructions, season to taste.
- Drain the spaghetti, spoon the bolognese sauce over the top and serve. Sprinkle with some basil leaves.
Copyright - http://www.quorn.co.uk/recipes/spaghetti-bolognese