Wednesday 5 December 2012

Curvy and Successful Nina Blakemore

Today we have fabulous Nina Blakemore telling us bit about her journey and exciting future plans. 



I have worked as a plus size model and presenter for around 16 years now. I have been lucky enough to travel all over the World with my job. I have met some amazing people along the way and worked for some fabulous clients. I have been involved with every aspect of modelling - catwalk, photographic and tv - most notably probably as a "Gokette" in How to Look Good Naked. That show was just amazing - it epitomised everything that I have been working towards over the last few years - "You dont have to be a size zero to be gorgeous!"

I have recently moved more into the styling side of the job and really enjoy working alongside plus size models and clients now and also, I have taken it to another level - working one to one with "real women" finding out their body shapes, what style of clothing best suits them and helping them with their confidence, which I think is the greatest feat of them all!
I have always realised there is a huge gap in the market for gorgeous, sexy, curvy clothes -  what with my work as a model, a stylist and also from personal experience - I always dreamed of running my own plus size boutique, however,  I realised, now is as good a time as any to make it a reality!
So, I have started up my very own shop selling Curvaceous Couture - it is called simply "Nina" (There is a link to it on my website but not much there at the moment!)
Presently, it is a personal service boutique which operates by private appointment only however, there will be an online presence very shortly.
I wanted to get away from the same old looks that the high street shops present us with, so, I have sourced some beautiful clothes from fabulous designers and I really cant wait to show everybody how gorgeous fuller figured ladies can look and ultimately feel in these amazing outfits!
My ultimate goal would be to have my own plus size range - in five years time, I would love to be a market leader in Plus Size Clothing - watch this space!!

Follow Nina 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear what you think?