Thursday 4 October 2012

Curvy&Successful: Emma Walker

This week's Curvy&Successful interview is with Emma Walker a Marketing, PR and Networking professional. 


1. Tell us about you and what your business does?
I’m Emma Walker. I am a Marketing, PR and Networking professional . I am also a size 28 and proud. My main focus at the minute is Miss BBW (Plus size) International 2012. I run plus size events in Leeds, manage music artists and do a small amount of PR work for charities and good causes. 
2. Have you always wanted to run your own business?
I have, but now, it is taking over my life....On a more serious note, I love what I do and you get back what you put in. Every day is a challenge and something new is always around the corner. 
3. Where did the idea for your business come from?
I have an ability to network. I have always enjoyed meeting new people and making contacts. Kind of a business “matchmaker”, if you will. I enjoy taking to people and hearing about how they have got to where they are now. I think being the largest lady in the room has it’s advantages.
I also have a keen interest in brand and image. 
4. What were you doing before starting up?
I was completing a degree in Business at Leeds City College. I have also worked in secretarial, admin, sales and management roles. 
5. What advice would you give to budding entrepreneurs?
If you have a passion for something, talk about it, you never know who is listening. Get yourself to as many networking events as possible, take plenty of business cards and learn your own sales pitch! 
6. Where do you want to be in five years' time?
I would love to be organising Miss BBW International 2017 and be world famous for bringing plus size, to the masses, in a business-like fashion.
          Follow Emma: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear what you think?